Full Stack Developer
City of London (Bank), London
£60,000 + benefits
Who we are
We are a new FinTech / PropTech startup with a passion for empowering people through the use of technology and personal data. We believe that consumers want more control over their personal data as the digital economy unfolds; they want to know what companies are using it for, they want it to be secure and they want to be able to transfer it from one organisation to another.
The role offers a fantastic opportunity for a proactive individual to join a new business at the start of its journey and to make a big impact on how the company, platform and technology grows.
We offer a flexible, fun and exciting working environment with great opportunities and a place for personal development at a company that actively encourages a positive work-life balance.
The Product and Platform
FirstHomeCoach was conceived with a clear mission to help people buy their first home. Home buying is usually a long, complicated and painful process, especially for first-time buyers. We are committed to changing this through technology and design to make people’s experience of buying their first home more personal, easier and stress free.
FirstHomeCoach is the first product that will be built using the LifeHub platform that allows people to securely store, manage, and transmit data about themselves, their family or assets they own. The platform will be built as a set of modules which can be used as the building blocks for products, that are focused on using personal data to empower people.
About the job
We are looking for an exceptional Full Stack Developer to join our team to oversee the design and build of the LifeHub platform and our product FirstHomeCoach. You will be joining the team at the start of the project and will get to work with the latest technology and FinTech solutions like Open Banking.
As the lead developer you will be joining our core team based in our London office near Bank station. You will be responsible for overseeing the design and build of the platform and to help grow and manage the development team. The development team is currently outsourced and has only just come on board.
This role comes with a large amount of responsibility, and a passion and curiosity for exploring new technology is a must. You will be expected to make and implement decisions about the front and back-end stack, infrastructure, libraries and tooling. You will be working with the team to build the platform from scratch, as well as helping refine our user experience, help document requirements and build out the roadmap for the product. We are looking for a developer with extensive experience building and maintaining production applications with little supervision.
You will work closely with the CEO, CTO, Product Manager and outsourced development team.
3+ years full-stack application development engineer with experience of some of the related technologies below and passion, desire and drive to learn the rest.
- Designing and implementing APIs on top of Cloud Services like Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Ensuring user security and privacy through solid understanding of authentication and security by design.
- A good understanding of how to design and build a scalable microservice architecture.
- Experience deploying to AWS cloud infrastructure, development pipelines and continuous integration/delivery.
- Enjoy mentoring developers on best practices, debugging, and designing software
- Participating in a fully agile software development team, collaborating with product owners to prioritise requirements and with a focus on delivering small chunks of functionally complete software.
- Always learning new technologies and looking to advance your skills.
- You play well with others and see the benefit of good communication.
- You love working in a small team and wearing multiple hats.
- You get stuff done, but you also care about the quality of your work.
- Understand that sometimes you need to work late and under pressure.
We are committed to support your well-being and personal development though a good work-life balance and tailoring a package which works for you. This could include:
1) Healthy Body & Mind: through gym membership, access to health products and mentoring to support healthy minds.
2) Financial Security: auto-enrolment pension with an initial 7% employer contribution, insurance and financial advice.
3) Continuous Learning: training courses, team Lunch & Learn and opportunity to engage with schools & universities for research, teaching and mentoring.
We also provide:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Food & Drink: fruit, tea and coffee in the office and monthly lunch & learns
- Our office is right besides Bank station and is fitted with showers, a kitchen and an outdoor space
How to Apply
Could you be the new member of our team ? Send us over your CV and a quick note telling us how fantastic you are to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no recruiters please.